Because I haven’t posted in a little while, and I’m a sucker for a good meme, I’m going to try my hand at the 99 Things. I first came across the postings at David Lee King and Stephen Abram‘s sites. Mostly frivolous, to be sure, but who knows what insights may be gleamed?
THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to – leave in plain font
Full thread after the jump.
1. Started your own blog. (well, obviously.)
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (bass, and superfluous stage presence)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower. (Growing up in New Mexico has its advantages.)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (Give sure, but not more than I can afford.)
7. Been to Disneyland/world. (both)
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. (note #41)
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (seems a little terrifying, if you ask me.)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. (not fun.)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (In high school, not at my current POW. I swear.)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon. (Thanks again, everyone who contributed to the AIDS Foundation!)
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. (Again, NM has its advantages.)
31. Hit a home run. (Only if Wii Sports counts.)
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Got lost en route to camping and found myself in Fairfield, IL. Close enough, right?)
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. (only if markup languages count.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (With any luck, these will remain mutually exclusive.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. (Does this one count?)
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke. (What would I do without the occasional Noraebang?)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (Yellowstone in general is huge on my to-see list.)
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (Hopefully, this will stay this way, too.)
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie. (Self-produced student films count, right?)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. (Thankfully, no.)
68. Flown in a helicopter. (Grand Canyon, age 2.)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (Star Wars and Transformers FTW)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. (Feet, toes, ribs)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (see #68)
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Fish, at summer camp)
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life. (Again, something I hope I’ll never have to do. But I’d like to think I’d be able to.)
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. (Book signings, rock shows)
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. (maybe not personally, but you get the idea.)
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit. (Class action against the record industry. Thanks for the $13.86, suckers!)
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
So who’s next?